New Features and Security checks has been added to the new build 20120911 of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner 8. Also, number of bug has been fixed int his build.
- Ability to import multiple HTTP Sniffer captures to the same crawl.
- Ability to merge HTTP Sniffer captures to existing website crawls.
- A new option that allows you to specify a different email address for each configured scan in the scheduler.
- HTTP Fuzzer number generator now support padding; i.e. you can use a leading zero e.g. from 01 to 10.
- A new option to specify if the latest cookie from the scanned website should be used rather than the one discovered during the crawling.
- New option to force scanner not overwrite user specified custom cookies with newer cookies form the scanned website.
New Security Checks:
- Added a test for .Net Cross Site Scripting (Request Validation Bypassing).
- New security check for MediaWiki security issues.
The full change log is available here.
How to Upgrade to Build 20120911
On starting Acunetix WVS 8, a pop-up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. Navigate to the General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.